Mon, Jun 23, 2014, 01:00 PM EDT
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Host: Georgette King, MPA
The HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) and Black AIDS Institute are partnering to bring you two important National HIV Testing Day presentations.
The HPTN's Co-Principal Investigator, Dr. Myron Cohen, will provide an overview of HPTN 052, the groundbreaking study that helped lead to changes in United States' HIV treatment guidelines.
- The most recent results from HPTN 052
- The benefits of early ART for people living with HIV
- The impact of early ART initiation on HIV transmission
Dr. Eugene Gooden Martin will share information about the advances that have been made in early detection of HIV infections through 4th generation testing technology.
- The importance of early detection of HIV infections
- Rapid testing that can detect HIV just days after infection
To register for this webinar go to http://bit.ly/NTDWebinar