Webinar occurred on April 7, 2016; 2:30–4:00 pm EDT; Recording available until 11:59 pm EDT on June 8, 2016
Community Perspectives from CROI 2016 was the second in our 2016 WATCH webinar series that offers women living with HIV capacity building and training on HIV disease and treatment advocacy. During this webinar, participants received an overview of HIV science by prominent speakers including:
- Treatment Advocacy, Kate Borloglou, Community Advisory Board, The Well Project, Community Scientific Subcommittee, AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG)
- Pre-Exposure Prophylactics Research Updates from CROI 2016, Lisa Diane White, Deputy Director, SisterLove, Inc.
- Ring, Injectables & Cure Research Updates from CROI 2016, Jessica Salzdewel, Program Coordinator, AVAC
This webinar series is moderated by:
- Krista Martel, executive director, The Well Project
Certification: The Well Project will provide a series of 5-6 webinars throughout the year. The Well Project will issue certificates of completion for those who participate in, and complete a pre- and post-assessment for all webinars. The webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to participate live and will be accessible for one month after they initially take place. If you are accessing the recording of the webinar, you still need to complete the pre-and post-assessments. A final program evaluation will also be required for the certificate of completion.
Webinar recording and pre- and post-Assessment tests available until June 8, 2016 (webinars available up to two months after they occurred).
- Click here to download the PDF slides of Community Perspectives from CROI 2016
Need more information on this webinar topic or want to share in your community? The content used to create this webinar is largely based on fact sheets found on The Well Project's website. In order to assist you in your development as an HIV advocate, we have also created PDF slide sets for the fact sheets you can download and use to disseminate this information to others. Please note that the information in The Well Project’s fact sheets and PDF slides are reviewed and updated regularly, so please check back often to make sure you have the most recent version when using as an educational tool.
The Well Project fact sheets on topics covered in this webinar:
- Update from CROI 2016
- PrEP for Women
- Understanding Clinical Trials
- Lessons from GRACE: A US Study Focused on Women Living with HIV
- How to Be an Advocate for Yourself and Others
- A Place at the Table: Having a Voice in HIV Planning and Decision Making