September 28, 2018
11am PT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET
Please join us on Friday, September 28th, 2018 11am PT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET via YouTube Live:
::Hangouts with HIVE:: Caring for Women Who Exchange Sex for Money, Goods or Survival
Millions of women in the U.S. exchange sex for money, goods or survival. Gender, power, societal stigma, and structural policies impact the varying degree to which women have agency and control over their bodies and trade.
Join HIVE and guest panelists to discuss:
- Definitions: transactional sex, trafficking, survival sex, prostitution, sex work.
- Sexual health outcomes for women who exchange sex for money, goods or survival.
- How exchanging sex affects interaction with medical systems and access to care.
- Strategies to support HIV & STI prevention among women who exchange sex.
Meet our panelists:
- Aisha Mays, Roots Dream Youth Clinic
- Toni Newman, St. James Infirmary
- Kimberly Chang, Asian Health Services
[Can’t attend the live event? Register to receive a link to the recorded Hangout].
Need more info? Email Yamini at firstname.lastname@example.org.