December 7 - 10, 2020
5:00 - 6:00pm ET
via Equality Florida
Join Equality Florida for Unlocking HIV Stigma streaming LIVE on Facebook and YouTube!
In this 3-part series, we're having engaging conversations with leaders within the HIV community to address the fight against HIV stigma in all aspects of HIV. Without eradicating stigma we cannot eradicate HIV. We will explore how stigma is ever present, how to address it head on, and how to move away from 4 decades of stigma.
12/7/20: HIV Stigma & HIV Criminalization
We will address HIV Criminalization on Monday, Dec, 7th. Tune in to our Equality Florida FB page. Does stigma play a role in the passing of legislation? What are advocates doing to end stigma in the capitol and beyond?
- Senator Jason Pizzo - HIV Modernization Bill Sponsor
- Donna Sabatino, RN - AIDS Institute's Director of State Policy & Advocacy
- Jon Harris Maurer - Equality Florida's Public Policy Director
- Ieshia Scott - HIV Advocate & CEO of Positive Support
We know our trans brothers and sisters are under attack by an unsupportive administration and the constant threat of violence. What happens when you add HIV to that mix? How is HIV impacting the lives of the trans community in Florida?
- Arianna Lint - CEO, Arianna's Center / Translatina FL in Miami and PR
- Brielle Jiselle Roundtree - Founder of Bridging The Gap
- Jayce Roach - Co-Founder of Brid
Unlocking HIV Stigma ends with a conversation with advocates and leaders from the most disproportionately impacted communities. How does stigma infiltrate itself within the HIV movement? Why are our communities still dealing with these disparities regardless of years of effort? Where are the roadblocks stigma creates to ending the HIV epidemic?