via The HIV League
The 2020 HIV League Scholarship application is now open!
The HIV League Scholarship is the only national scholarship for students living with HIV. It recognizes the immense potential of its scholars, and aims to build their knowledge, skills, and leadership.
Applicants may apply for one of three types of scholarship:
- 2-year $7,000 scholarship for a full-time student
- 1-year $3,500 scholarship for a full-time student
- 1-year $1,500 scholarship for a part-time student
If awarded a scholarship, all applicants may choose to remain anonymous.
- HIV League Scholars are promising students living with HIV as evidenced by their educational accomplishments, leadership, and service.
- All applicants are either currently or going to be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in an institution of higher education for at least one year.
- All applicants must have an unweighted GPA of 2.5.
The HIV League Scholarship: 2019
- We reached out to 545 Community Based Organizations / AIDS Service Organizations / University Groups across the USA, Puerto Rico, and Guam.
- We received 125 applications from students living with HIV across across 30 states and territories.
- Of these applicants, 5 were awarded 2-year full-time scholarships, 2 were awarded 1-year full-time scholarships, and 2 were awarded 1-year part-time scholarships.
- Applicants ranged in age from 17 to 62.
Scholarship Deadline: 1/31/2020
For more information, and to access the scholarship application, click here.