Surviving HIV Over the Long Term: The Past, Present, and the Future (Part 2 of 2) is the 5th webinar in the 2016 WATCH! series. Part of a 2-part series, this webinar focused on mental health issues, AIDS Survivor Syndrome, financial considerations, future planning and surviving/thriving with HIV. Part 1 (recording available until November 30) focused on defined long-term survivors, described the physical concerns of long-term survivors (including treatment challenges, treatment fatigue, drug resistance, inflammation, accelerated aging, menopause and sexual health), and discussed comorbidities.
The esteemed speakers, including two long-term survivors, explore the topics presented through several lenses:
- Theresa Mack, MD, MPH, Mt. Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice; Medical Editor, The Well Project
- Tranisha Arzah, BABES Network; A Girl Like Me Blogger, The Well Project
- Special thanks to Gina Brown, RSW and Darlene Robertson for also joining the panel!
This webinar was moderated by:
- Krista Martel, executive director, The Well Project
Certification: For the 2016 WATCH! series, The Well Project will provide a series of 5 webinars throughout the year. The Well Project will issue certificates of completion for those who participate in (live or view recording), and complete a pre- and post-assessment for all webinars. Each webinar will be available for approximately one month after it took place. If you are accessing the recording of the webinar and are interested in certificate of completion, it is necessary to view the entire recording, as well as complete the pre-and post-assessments for each webinar. A final program evaluation will also be required for the certificate of completion.
Webinar Recording, Slides, Chat Transcript
- Click here to download the PDF slides presented during the webinar
- Click here to view the chat transcript from the webinar
Additional Resources from The Well Project
- Long-Term Survivors of HIV
- How to Be an Advocate for Yourself and Others
- Aging and HIV
- Depression, Women, and HIV
- Stress Management
- Understanding your Rights and Responsibilities in the Workplace (U.S.)
- Public Benefits and HIV (U.S.)